Portugal is leading the covid 19 vaccination in Europe and with more than 80% of the population vaccinated, the country has begun to remove some restrictions to the population and to international travel.
So, as of 1st September, and according to the decree attached:
- any citizen departing from the UK can enter Mainland Portugal, as long as they have a test (PCR 72h before or Antigen 48h before). Children under 12 don’t need a test.
- This means that you can have a certificate or not, 2 vaccines or 1, or none. As long as you have a test you can enter Portugal and you don’t have to quarantine.
- Anyone with an EU certificate does not need a test to enter Portugal
- The AZ vaccines with manufacturing in India is no longer a topic
Bear in mind that:
- The Azores or Madeira have different rules, please see their info at Gov UK
Find here a link to the decree (in PT only, sorry!) and we are working hard for the GOV UK to incorporate these changes asap, as well as VisitPortugal website and Advice to Travellers in the PT Gov website.
We understand that the next 72h might be very confusing especially at the check-in counters, so please accept our sincere apologies for such short notice between publishing and effect.